Support, guidance and contract management for school food
The last day for the central school meals contract [current supplied by Edwards & Ward] is Friday 23rd March 2018. North Somerset schools have benefited over many years from the provision of a central contract, supported by professional management who provide technical expertise and knowledge to help schools manage and deliver high-quality services in all aspects of school food. Over the years this service has delivered:
• improved standards and quality of food
• increased take up
• many refurbished kitchens
• the implementation and monitoring of all new food and service standards and legislation requirements
• the implementation of Universal Infant Free School Meals
• a standardised meal price to schools and parents across all participating schools
• no contractor’s management fee for the delivery of the service.
As there were insufficient numbers to make a new contract cost effective, schools will be required to tender for their own contract to start on Saturday 24th March 2018.
The school meals monitoring service will continue as normal.