Broadband connectivity in North Somerset is provided in partnership with the South West Grid for Learning (SWGfL) to support learning opportunities for all schools, children and young people in North Somerset.
The South West Grid for Learning has an international reputation for providing high-class services to education. The South West Grid for Learning is a not-for-profit charitable trust company
The Legal service offers assistance and advice on an extensive range of legal issues and problems that schools can encounter including:
Parents and pupils
• Parental responsibility disputes as they affect schools
• Discipline and exemptions and exclusion of pupils
• Trespass, nuisance and assaults on staff
• Liability of staff on school trips
• Safety and welfare of pupils.
• Boundary and shared use agreement disputes
• Hire and letting agreements
• Nuisance and damage to property.
Personnel and employment issues
• Interpretation of employment law relating to terms and conditions
• Liability for and to employees.
Use of materials
• Data protection and freedom of information
• Musical and theatrical performances
• Patent and design
• Contract law in relation to purchase and supply agreements.
Policy issues (assuming no conflict of interest)
• LA powers and duties
• Support on curriculum management issues
• Financial management.
By purchasing a package from North Somerset Education Welfare Service, your provision will have, access to a very knowledgeable and experienced team with over 10 years experience.
We will use our professional expertise to help you to raise school attendance and in turn raise your pupils attainment.
Officers have extensive knowledge in areas of not only school attendance, but exclusions, child protection, court prosecutions, penalty notices, and access to the expertise of a wide variety of services including – High Impact Families, Youth Offending Team, Children and Mental Health Services, Social Care and Alternative Provision
You can browse our services below and
when you are ready to buy, simply login.